Promoting new perspectives on disability, access and design
What is LENS?
Project LENS is Leading the Evolution toward New Solutions by promoting new perspectives on disability, access and design.
What do we believe?
We envision a world without barriers in which disability is embraced as an aspect of human diversity. To achieve that vision we engage everyone to create new solutions that remove barriers that exclude people with disabilities.
Our values are:
- Human variation is natural and vital in the development of dynamic communities.
- Disability is a natural part of human variation and the human experience.
- Well-intentioned responses to disability may ultimately serve to stifle the inclusion of people with disabilities in greater society.
- Shifting our perspective of what disability is can have a profound impact on our response to disability.
- Inclusion and full participation are a matter of social justice.
- Design is powerful in terms of its ability to include or exclude.
- Creating usable and inclusive environments is a shared responsibility.
What do we do?
We partner with faculty, staff and students in postsecondary programs within Arkansas and beyond to remove barriers and create more inclusive environments.