Partners for Inclusive Communities (Partners) is Arkansas’ University Center on Disabilities. Administratively located within the University of Arkansas College of Education and Health Professions, Partners is a member of the nationwide Association of University Centers on Disabilities – AUCD.
To support individuals with disabilities and families of children with disabilities to fully and meaningfully participate in community life, effect systems change, prevent disabilities and promote healthy lifestyles.
Our Beliefs and Values:
Individuals with disabilities are people first, with the same needs and desires as other people. Disability is a natural and normal part of the human experience that in no way diminishes a person’s right to fully participate in all aspects of society.
All people, including those with disabilities, have the right to:
- live free of abuse, neglect, exploitation and violations of their legal and human rights.
- exert control and choice over their own lives.
- live where and with whom they choose.
- develop interdependent friendships and relationships as they participate in and contribute to their communities.
- receive services and supports that strengthen families and demonstrate respect for individual dignity, personal preferences, and cultural differences.
- receive quality education in inclusive settings.
- pursue gainful employment based on their interests and strengths.
- fully access the economic, political, social, cultural, religious and educational activities in their communities.
All people have the right to pursue their dreams. They have the right to succeed and the right to fail.
These rights are set forth in the Developmental Disabilities Assistance and Bill of Rights Act (Public Law 106-402). These beliefs are embedded throughout Partners’ services and activities.
The Mann Building is located on the corner of 4th and Main Streets in Little Rock, with the public entrance on the 4th Street side of the building.
We are currently changing our phone system. Most numbers will remain unchanged, but please check the Staff Directory page for individual number updates. Our main office number 501-301-1100 and toll free number, 1-800-342-2923, should continue to work. Thank you for your patience.